Each white marble circular top within a molded frame, raised on rectangular legs joined by X-form stretchers and ending in paw feet.
ADAM WEISWEILER (1744 - 1820)
Born in Neuwied, and believed to have served his apprenticeship under the tutelage of one the greatest of all German cabinet makers, David Roentgen, he established himself at 67 Rue du Faubourg-Sainte-Antoine in the reign of Louis XVIth, obtaining Royal Commisions from the Queen for the Chateau St. Cloud. Madame de Pompadour and her brother, the Marquis de Marigny encouraged his adoption of the restrained gout anglais. Features that were repeated in his oeuvres were the loop form stretcher, and the cluster colonettes.
Lierature; ‘Weisweiler’ by Segoura et Lemonnier, Paris 1983Provenance:
Property of an Eminent Washington, DC Collector
Le Trianon Fine Art & Antiques
Height 27 in. Diameter 16 ½ in.